Telephone Manager is where you can manage telephone features for all users and edit details.
There are two types of settings that can be changed, Client Settings and User Settings. Please note - Client settings can only be updated by customer admin users, whereas user settings can be updated by individual users.
You can reach the Telephone Manager from the main navigation of Connect.
Client settings are accessible by admin users only and are changes that can be made to all users within your company. When there is no user selected in the Telephone Manager, settings relating to the Main Number can be adjusted. Users can be added to hunt groups and conference bridges, and Group Usage reports can be generated.
The following features are available when no user is selected, and you are editing the group:
- Main Number Setup - make changes to the main number associated with the client. Set up in an out of business hours answering options, voicemail and forwarding.
- Features Setup - Set up Hunt Groups, change Group Features, set up numbers for conferencing, Call Recording
- Reports - Get a Group Daily Report for all users within the company.
User settings are accessible by all individual users once they have been invited to Connect and completed the registration.
When editing individual users, all options are available. Select the phone number you want to edit to continue. The following features can be accessed in addition to all the features available in Client Settings:
- Edit - make changes to a selected phone number. This is where numbers can be Enabled and Disabled.
- Feature Setup: User Features allows telephone preferences to be set for a particular phone number.
- Reports - Get the Call History and an Individual Report for a selected number.
- Directories - Set up a Speed Dial directory for a phone number.
Status: This indicates whether the number is Active, meaning that it is working, Reserved where the number is not currently working but available for use after following the correct steps (Click here for instructions). Numbers that are in the process of changing status will be shown as Pending.
DDI: This is a telephone number that can make and receive calls.
Extension: This is a number that can be used to make calls internal to a building/client. Use this number to call phones within your company.
PIN: This number is set by Connect at client creation. It is used to access voicemail. If you need to reset your pin, click here for instructions.
First Name & Last Name: These fields can be used to identify specific users, or to identify the phones with a specific team or room, for example. If these are left blank they will be set to default names. If a user is associated with a particular extension, First name and Last name will automatically populate by the name of this user. The fields will appear in grey and there will be a message saying 'Synchronised from User Manager'. For more information about associating a user with an extension contact your Site Manager.
Call forwarding: This shows the phone number to which calls will be forwarded, should you enable the feature for an active telephone number. Active numbers without this feature will say ‘Not Enabled’. For Reserved numbers this will say ‘N/A’.
Phone Login/Logout: This allows you to log a number in and out of handsets remotely. See here for more detail.