Custom hold music is now available for. There are two different types of custom hold music services essensys provides. The standard version allows you to change your hold music annually whereas the premium service allows your to change monthly.


The public use of recorded music legally requires your to have a PPL and PRS licence. You can obtain these licenses at:

PPL (UK) – http://www.ppluk.com 

PRS (UK) – https://www.prsformusic.com 

BMI (US) - https://www.bmi.com/services

You are fully responsible for obtaining the licenses required for the hold music. essensys will not check if you have the correct licences and will not be held accountable for any infringements of licensing regulations.


Ask your centre manager to provide you with this service. You will need to provide them with the audio file and evidence of licensing, please have this ready prior to requesting the service. There will be a 1-2 day turnaround until the hold music is added.


Audio File Requirements: WAV file, the sample rate is 8000Hz and the encoding is unsigned 8-bit PCM.

Please note if a call comes into reception, before it is directed towards your phones, the default reception hold music will play, not your custom hold music.

Did this answer your question?